Friday, February 22, 2013

WINDING DOWN LAST FEW DAYS!!!

Today was a short day in service we did street witnessing and commercial territory ..We decided to walk since we had a big group mostly kids, well bad idea, it was an hour walk ...We arrive at the supermarkets and a sister says ( Jeffrey was leading the group but of coarse doesn't know the area or rules lol) to do the supermarket inside, YEP unlike us just doing parking lots we can go in and preach to the people , and we had success ...I met a man, think he was the manager was able to go over a point in the tract, read a scripture and got his info and said we can come back to see him, so I gave all the info to another sister who will pass it on to a brother..One of the other sisters got to speak with a "western union " women and she took down her info to call at her at home ....So pretty much all of us (Jeff ,jess,alexis and myself) have had great success with getting peoples info and planting a "Seed" and the friends are diligent in calling back , that's why so many studies are conducted.One brother, Eric across the hall has 11/12 studies and he says its a lot to keep up with and door/door and his own responsibilities (he is an Elder ) the growth is not stopping as we have see in the yearbook...VERY EXCITING times we are living in....Well like I said we are winding down , today is now Saturday started this blog Friday...Jeffrey is taking the group out w/ Madison, jessica and I stayed in because at about 11 Jeff and Jessica are taking Alexis to the airport ...And we have a potential bible study coming here for lunch ...Let me start from the beginning : This young guy Felix, we met him 2/3 years ago at the hall great study, came to meetings, knows its the truth, wants to make changes, he studied with Bill Sappo as well as other brothers but never really made the changes he wanted too. He had a baby 2 yrs ago with his so- called wife jasmine ( they never marry here just say their husband and wife ) ...Well he is not studying now hasn't been to meetings in months and said " I pushed myself to go today " ( Thursday night) He said when he heard us comment he couldn't of been happier to see us, so one of the brothers came up to me after the meeting and was like go talk with Felix try to encourage him..Jeffrey and Felix were excited to see each other, he really can relate with us since he knows our life story, we wind up talking with him for awhile and he seemed like he really wanted to get his act together ( Hopefully that's true) ...When I was speaking to him , we both said at the same Time " I have an idea" he says you go first Lol ...I said why don't you study with Jeff via Skype, he was like that sounds great ...But then when Jeffrey came over and we told him he said that he needs to study with someone here, but that they can still Skype and talk about spiritual things ....Then he goes on to say well my idea is that I want to get together with you guys before you leave with my wife ( ...who hasn't studied but came to one meeting) I'm assuming she's a tough cookie , friends say they offered her a study but she said no...Well he wants her to meet us ...So I invited them today for lunch and I also invite the bethelites (Pam&Eli) i told you about them, we became close with them since International construction ..I think they would be a great couple to study with them, as a family, they are all around the same age ...So we will see how today goes trying to win Jasmine over...

Last night we all had fun , all the girls and the Duran kids and Jeffrey got picked up by one of the families here to go to their country club ...They had a Blast swimming and playing sports...I however had plans with the younger ones (20s) we went into the city to shop for souvenirs and had dinner in this little funky lounge place , my meal and drink cost me $4 and that was an upscale place hehe , your $ sure does go far...Alexis n Jess headed out to dinner after the CC with the other needgreater friends from the states , they made all new spiritual friends they can have for life...We actually have two of them coming to stay this summer...Bye now Ttus

























No comments:

Post a Comment